Can a Partner be added to a Visa 143 after Visa 173 granted without a partner

dezzer02

7 minutes ago, dezzer02 said:

Can a partner be added to a Visa 143 application after a Visa 173 has previously been granted without a partner. Partner is not the childs father. Both currently in the UK - how can a partner be added if not. Thanks

I don’t think they can. It was a loophole that was stopped many years ago as  parents were just putting one parent through because of cost and then when that parent had PR they were doing a partner/spouse visa.  I’m not saying that’s your situation, just explaining why I’m sure it can’t be done. I believe the parent has to have been granted the 143 and then after a minimum of five years they can apply for a partner to join them. The other thing to bare in mind with parent visas is if the other partner has children they form part of the balance of family test so are calculated in the criteria of having to have at least 50% of your children settled in Australia.  Probably not relevant as you aren’t part of the application but just thought I’d mention it in case there is a way to add you on.