Stat Declaration regarding criminal history

CHEL

I am currently in the process of applying for my 820 visa and have been asked by my CO for a stat dec regarding something that has come up during my UK police check. The offence in question only resulted in a warning and I was under 18 when it happened. Did this need to be declared on my application? I don't think it falls under the being a conviction however I am not sure how to move forward apart from giving a full written explanation. I have tried contacting a few agents here in Perth but no one seems to want to help me as they are too busy. Any advice would be welcomes thank you.

If they have asked for a stat dec, then that's what you give them.  That just means writing a full explanation of what happened, and then getting a Justice of the Peace to witness it. 

Use this form:  https://www.ag.gov.au/legal-system/publications/commonwealth-statutory-declaration-form

If you ring your local council or library, they will know where to find a Justice of the Peace in your area.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update, I filled in 2 statutory declarations a explaining best i could the circumstances and happenings of my police record and sent them off. I recorded my visa about a week and a half later.