Anyone else lodged visa 101 for a child?

restfamily

Hi

We are in the UK and have permanent residency and are thinking of having our child before we move, hence they will need their own visa.

Firstly I cannot belive the cost is $1320 just to add a newborn plus medicals!

Has anyone else applied in this scenario? Do you have the same restrictions that you must enter Australia within a year of the medicals? I am just concerned as we will have already done this.

Any tips welcome

Guest kerryandduncan

No way I am shocked to hear that. We have handed in our application and are waiting to hear from them. We were hoping to have a baby before we went to but unfortunately mother nature has been unkind. We are unsure of whether to try again now or what to do. I am a bit apprehensive of giving birth in a country I am unsure of and would idealy like to have it here (mother nature allowing of course). Please let us know how you get on as this may help us make this decision too.

Kerry

Just got this reply from the London High Commission:

"You will need to apply for Child Migration. The fee is currently 580 pounds (as of 1/01/07) and processing times are 4-12 weeks. Child Migration applications, though, are prioritised over all other applications.

If granted the permanent visa, your child will need to enter and validate their visa before their medicals expire, which is 12 months from the date they were obtained. "

Archived