ANMAC skills assessment

Hi everyone, first time posting on here but have found lots of other posts very useful 😊 looking for advice/any help with my current application to work/live in Australia. I’m a NICU nurse, and myself and my family would ideally like to apply for PR. I recently submitted my documents to Ahpra because this would mean I could do the modified plus skills assessment with ANMAC. My question is, I don’t meet the requirement of having 36 months experience, does this mean I can’t apply for it until I do?
Any help on this would be great, thank you in advance. 

1 hour ago, Heatherprest1 said:

The reason I’m checking is because I saw somewhere that Ahpra could be used as proof of skills assessment for a medical practitioner, so wasn’t sure whether the same might apply to nurses. 

What's acceptable to AHPRA and what's acceptable for visa purposes are not the same thing, unfortunately.  If the visa requirement is 3 years then it's not negotiable, even if AHPRA says you're qualified to work in Australia without it.

If you do the modified skills assessment, it just means that AHPRA have verified some of what the ANMAC would verify and they don't have to do that.  The skills assessment is still ANMAC and they issue the positive result.  I'm not sure what AHPRA are doing at the moment with registrations - you would normally get a registration in principle letter and be required to present in person to verify your ID and then you are fully registered.  Obviously, with COVID people can't travel, but I don't know what they've done about this requirement and how it may effect becoming fully registered.  So do check if doing the modified ANMAC assessment you have to be actually registered in Aus and not just have a registration in principle letter.