Billy Joel

ali

With a not too subtle hint to hubby (I did wonder if the sledge hammer was over kill) - tickets went on Sale this morning and at 09:15 I now have a date with Mr. Joel on November 23rd at MES ..... Now, just need to walk past the new Tiffany store

Ali

Guest YellowGecko

Hi Ali, you lucky thing!!!

I don't care people laugh at me (including Mr YG), I've been a fan of Billy Joel since a child and am gutted I cannot go and see him in Brisbane, as I've never seen him before.

We are packing up and going to live in the UK in October. Just organising everything now.

Although this means I shall miss out on Billy, it also means back to the Motherland and where loads of decent bands play gigs regularly! Yay!

One thing Oz does not have going for it, being so remote, is no decent bands ever come over here on tour..and when they do, tickets are twice the price they are back home. We're both big music lovers and cannot wait to get back into the gigging scene! Baby YG n' all!! lol!

I am sure you will have a wicked night out, Ali, and I am envious of you. :jiggy:

Jo x

Yes yes yes ,Go On MATE !!! rub it in,,like the text's havnt been enough,lol ,just cause your hubby is quicker at picking up hints than mine,lol and no doubt if i go and buy tickets he will produce some on our annivesary and ill have 2 lots,lol!! hope you have a lovely time and if all else fails take your camcorder and tape it for me,lmao!

Cal x

Guest JoanneHattersley

Sorry Cal! I have joined Alis club! I am going on 4th December here with OH and Susie and Chris!!!!

Ali you lucky girl !!

Are there not really many artist that go to Australia to perform? When we were is Syndney Robbie Williams was there, so I assumed that lots of others went to.

Guest JoanneHattersley

Are there not really many artist that go to Australia to perform?

Since we have been here , Feb 2005 we have seen......

• U2

• Robbie Williams

• Billy Joel (going again this year)

• Eric Clapton

• The Police

• Several shows too like Miss Saigon, Phantom and Dirty Dancing!

Loads going on in Brissie!

lol - sorry about the text Cal - I was so excited. I know Police, Elton John and Rod Stewart have been here since we arrived. Nigel has warned me that we don't have to keep listening to his CD which I had on last weekend and all week in the Car!!

Ali

Guest JoanneHattersley
You too Jo ,,and i thought you were mates,lol, well hopefully ill be there too but wont know for yonks!!! Ali tell Nige you have to listen to the CD so you can get all the words right on the night,lol

Cal x

:yes:You still love Ali and me tho dont ya!!!!!!!!!!!:wubclub:

Guest YellowGecko
Since we have been here , Feb 2005 we have seen......

• U2

• Robbie Williams

• Billy Joel (going again this year)

• Eric Clapton

• The Police

• Several shows too like Miss Saigon, Phantom and Dirty Dancing!

Loads going on in Brissie!

As I said, no decent bands ever come to Oz... :biglaugh:

Jo x

Guest JoanneHattersley

Cheeky Yellowgecko!!!

Cal - did you get the tickets? Where are you going to be sitting?

Guest JoanneHattersley
Jo i just dragged my bum outta bed ,lol, will deffo try to buy some today,wheres best for seating ,do you know?

Cal x

To be honest you will have to go for what you can get I reckon. Platinum seats are the best at over $350 per seat. I am in silver and if you get a seating chart up of the BEC I am in section 52. Last time I was way at the back in section 32/33.

Let me know where you end up and we can always meet u there a bit earlier and have a drink. We will be with Susie and Chris too (they used to be on here)

Guest JoanneHattersley
I'm gonna be sat on Billys knee!!! superdoopa extra platinum VIP backstage access, after show party ticket lol

Me thinks you might have been on the strange pills again...........? Did you ask if you could sit on his knee then???!! LOL!

Guest YellowGecko

:jiggy:

Ok so is Mr Joel supposed to be playing gigs in the UK at all, do you know, guys? Anyone??

I will get mother to babysit and force Mr YG to take me along, even if he only agrees to do so if I buy him some ear plugs.

Jo x

Guest JoanneHattersley
Hey' date=' Jo not sure where you book tickets but would love to see Billy[/quote']

Go onto www.ticketek.com.au and book. Perhaps we will be having a PIO drink up at the B.E.C. before hand! We are going with Susie and Chris who used to be on here and emigrated this year. They live round the corner from us.

Guest The Baggo's

Well, we would love to see BJ - our wedding song was -'dont go changin colour of your hair' obviously took no notice!! Would someone mined giving us dates and how to book tickets etc - bty ' I love you just the way you are!! - see you there

Guest JoanneHattersley
Well' date=' we would love to see BJ - our wedding song was -'dont go changin colour of your hair' obviously took no notice!! Would someone mined giving us dates and how to book tickets etc - bty ' I love you just the way you are!! - see you there[/quote']

See post above for how to book and it is on at Brisbane Entertainment Centre at Boondall on december 4th

Archived