Quarantine twice?

Green

A family of 2 adults and 2 children (members of this forum) had to isolate in a hotel in Melbourne for 2 weeks then again for 2 weeks in Adelaide.  Probably the same for Hobart but best to check though.  Tassie is fairly strict so I should think you would.

1 minute ago, Toots said:

A family of 2 adults and 2 children (members of this forum) had to isolate in a hotel in Melbourne for 2 weeks then again for 2 weeks in Adelaide.  Probably the same for Hobart but best to check though.  Tassie is fairly strict so I should think you would.

Damn. Thought the transit would be a way of doing just one set of quarantine. Thanks.

And here is the info from the Tasmanian government which confirms that you need to quarantine on arrival there - even though you may have already done 14 days elsewhere.

https://coronavirus.tas.gov.au/travellers-and-visitors/quarantine

...What if I have already completed quarantine interstate?

The Tasmanian quarantine period is in addition to the requirement for international travellers to complete 14 days quarantine in government-designated accommodation at the port of arrival in Australia.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Toots said:

You must quarantine in the city you arrive in for 14 days, even if you plan to travel elsewhere in Australia.  Here are details.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-international-travellers

Thanks, I didn’t see this information when I looked. Yes, seems that two sets of quarantine will be needed.