RRV

Som42

Has anyone applied for a RRV lately? 

Just wondering how the time scale is.

I don't meet the requirements but have a RRV that's about to expire, I will hopefully get back (flight booked) but it's been put back 2 times and if it happens again I'm sure if will be past my visa date. 

6 hours ago, Som42 said:

Has anyone applied for a RRV lately? 

Just wondering how the time scale is.

I don't meet the requirements but have a RRV that's about to expire, I will hopefully get back (flight booked) but it's been put back 2 times and if it happens again I'm sure if will be past my visa date. 

Offshore and not meeting 2 years ... “up to 12 weeks”. Processing times do vary though. Obviously you can’t travel if you don’t have a visa. 

@Som42, also be aware that if you don't meet the requirements, your application may be refused.   

The first test Immigration applies is "does this person have strong ties to Australia, of benefit to the country?"    If the answer is no, you don't get a RRV.  It doesn't matter how compelling the reasons for your absence were - if you can't pass that test, you're out of luck.