SOL list problem. where do we fit in??, please help me!!!

Guest jemmatasha

Guest jemmatasha

my partner and i are trying to migrate to australia on a skilled migration visa. the only problem is, my partner is a heating engineer ( installing solid fuel stoves, using flexible liners, re conditioning and knocking down and re building fires/chimneys.

we have been told by 1 or 2 migration experts ( so called experts) that we do not fall under the SOL occupation list. I have been told that we could go under plumbing or MODL. is this true???? please help!!!! do we have any chance at all?

Guest AndyandYvonneD

Hi

I reackon that if he can demonstrate that he deals with plumbing issues on a daily basis that he might have a chance of going as a general plumber, try phoning the visa bureau on 02077319000, they've been very good with me.

andy

Hello.

It is definitely worth your while contacting several agents in my opinion. We did and got such different responses! Some just weren't interested as we weren't a straight forward case, others gave us the option of a sponsored visa only and a few put us on to the option we are using at the moment (long story, boring!). Also jobs in Australia are not always necessarly the same as here. What one does in a trade in the UK they won't always have the same job desciption in Oz!

I hope that makes a bit of sense!

There's always a way!

Good luck

Kate

Archived