Declaring foreign UK income with ATO

Red Rose

Hi all, 

So arrived back in the UK March 2020 after 7 years in Oz. I was unemployed for 2.5 months and decided to apply for jobs outside of London, and applied for one in Cambridge (I have never been to Cambridge!) and got offered the position. Still working from home (well my parents' home) until such time as I relocate to Cambridge later on this year. Started earning UK income from 1 June 2020. 

Rookie mistake when I got back btw was getting rid of my Aussie sim (well the Vodafone guy took it when he gave me my UK sim) and it was a nightmare setting up ATO accounts again, as my OTP (One Time Password) to log into the system is sent to my Australian number. 

Now that I have logged into the ATO, I need to submit a tax return. I permanently moved back to the UK, so do I need to declare the one month's UK income with the ATO for June 2020? 

My assumptions are: 

* I declare myself an Australian resident for tax purposes for the tax year 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020 

* I declare my UK income for 1 to 30 June 2020 even though I have already paid tax on that in the UK. 

Is that correct?