Travel insurance in times of Covid

LoisM

Hello,

I am moving back to the UK from Melbourne and was wondering if anyone else had done this in the recent months and if so, if they had any recommendations for travel insurance? I am aware that travel insurances are not covering Covid related issues when travelling but there are also some travel insurance which are simply not offering travel insurance right now. Would be great to hear from people who have travelled and which travel insurances they picked 🙂

Thanks 🙂

Lois

6 hours ago, LoisM said:

Hello,

I am moving back to the UK from Melbourne and was wondering if anyone else had done this in the recent months and if so, if they had any recommendations for travel insurance? I am aware that travel insurances are not covering Covid related issues when travelling but there are also some travel insurance which are simply not offering travel insurance right now. Would be great to hear from people who have travelled and which travel insurances they picked 🙂

Thanks 🙂

Lois

Difficulty is with 1 way insurance, insurers want to repatriate you to the country of origin where the insurer has infrastructure in place to deal with an ill person and where they have the security of legal safeguards in the home courts.

I would think it might be difficult to find anybody to underwrite the risks given the length of treatment for covid, but you can only try.

• 4 weeks later...

We had exactly the same issue. Travelling on Saturday back to uk now.  We finally got insurance through the flight centre with cover more insurer. The flight centre rep checked the whole process with them for us with regards to being one way etc and leaving oz permanently and they said it was ok and we got a cover letter stating so. The insurance is void from the moment we pass through immigration and only covers basic needs medical etc... jot flight cancelling or repatriation as we are going one way.  Probably useless and not worth having but ya know the insurance paranoia predicament... goodluck... 

Btw if anyone is flying Etihad you have to have a PCR test prior to flying now! We get tested tomorrow!