804 Parent Visa Acknowledgement

AusMate

Hi,

I applied for the parent visa 804 in April 2020 and it has almost a month since I have heard anything from the department,

I have heard people getting acknowledgement receipt within 5 days but seems to be there is delay from them. Is someone else is on the same boat My parents current visa is due to expire in 12 June 2020

Any Suggestion guys what should be the next step to take ?

22 minutes ago, AusMate said:

Wow no suggestions, seems to be no one is interested in replying to it or either there are no people who have faced such situation 

I do t think many posters have applied for the 804 visa. Most apply for offshore parent visas. We originally applied for the 864  visa and I don’t think the acknowledgement took too long, but that was 3 years ago. Can’t you give them a ring?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ramot said:

I do t think many posters have applied for the 804 visa. Most apply for offshore parent visas. We originally applied for the 864  visa and I don’t think the acknowledgement took too long, but that was 3 years ago. Can’t you give them a ring?

Do you have a contact number for them ? or any email address .I suppose every parent application goes to same visa centre

Edited by AusMate

1 hour ago, AusMate said:

Do you have a contact number for them ? or any email address .I suppose every parent application goes to same visa centre

Sorry my application was several years ago and and very different as we swapped from the 864 to a special 143 pathway, From memory I think the immigration department for the parent visas changed from Perth to Hobart? My husband has just said that On the immigration web site there is a contact telephone number, which should connect you. Give it a try

good luck

Edited by ramot

51 minutes ago, ramot said:

Sorry my application was several years ago and and very different as we swapped from the 864 to a special 143 pathway, From memory I think the immigration department for the parent visas changed from Perth to Hobart? My husband has just said that On the immigration web site there is a contact telephone number, which should connect you. Give it a try

good luck

Thanks I will try the number I think the centre remains the same at Perth, where did you get that the centre is hobart ? now

10 hours ago, AusMate said:

Thanks I will try the number I think the centre remains the same at Perth, where did you get that the centre is hobart ? now

It’s irrelevant where the office for the parent visas is, just call the tel no on the web site and ask 

If  you sent your application by registered post, as that’s the safest way and you can track when it was delivered 

2 hours ago, ramot said:

It’s irrelevant where the office for the parent visas is, just call the tel no on the web site and ask 

If  you sent your application by registered post, as that’s the safest way and you can track when it was delivered 

Can you give me the link where I can get the number , Also the parcel is delivered , I opted for express post and signature required and also raised a case number with Aus and they double  confirmed it has been delivered.:)

Edited by AusMate

1 hour ago, rammygirl said:

If you paid for a signed for delivery did you send it to the street address?  A locked bag or PO Box address cannot sign and it may well be returned. I assume you made a paper rather than on line application for a reason.

Hi RammyGirl,

I chose the lock Bag address, express post  with signatures, Aus Post confirmed that they have delivered it to the required address, They also told me the code they get when they deliver it, furthermore they said the addressee has a some kind alternate delivery arrangement set with them to make sure they receive the mail.They gave me the signature also which was “T DAS STC”

When you say it is paper based can we apply online also because when I read the department website they say it can only be applied on paper

5 minutes ago, AusMate said:

Can you give me the link where I can get the number , Also the parcel is delivered , I opted for express post and signature required and also raised a case number with Aus and they double  confirmed it has been delivered.:)

As said before go on the government immigration web site

immigration and citizenship 

scroll down to contact

bottom of general on right

contact us click on it

scroll down

cant find what you’re looking for get in touch

scroll down 

Telephone on left

scroll down 

click on telephone  call us

contact us

telephone within Australia 

telephone number at bottom of page

131 881

Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm

i can’t help any more than that apart for telephoning for you.i had to look everything up from scratch for you

13 minutes ago, AusMate said:

2 hours ago, ramot said:

As said before go on the government immigration web site

immigration and citizenship 

scroll down to contact

bottom of general on right

contact us click on it

scroll down

cant find what you’re looking for get in touch

scroll down 

Telephone on left

scroll down 

click on telephone  call us

contact us

telephone within Australia 

telephone number at bottom of page

131 881

Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm

i can’t help any more than that apart for telephoning for you.i had to look everything up from scratch for you

Thank you Very much this is the same number I had, I though the PVC centre has different number.

• 1 year later...