How To Get More Points 190 Visa

2 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

It looks like ACT is also an option. Until after COVID-19 situation clears up, NT is not an option (see red text from website below)

In response to the evolving COVID-19 outbreak Migration NT will stop accepting OFFSHORE General Skilled Migration applications for the Northern Territory nomination effective from 12 midnight on Tuesday 24 March 2020 until further notice.

VIC is an option for a 190, however it requires a 7 IELTS score in order to be eligible to apply, so you are going to need to take the IELTS (or equivalent) test anyway so you are going to be spending the £200 no matter what. A 7 (which you need to be allowed to apply for 190 in your career code in VIC) will give you 10 extra migration points as well

I am going to have to do the IELTS regardless, and I am happy to spend the money as ultimately gaining the most points is the goal.  It is also very likely that those states will stop migration also.  But I am proceeding with my skills assessment and English test with the hope that when those are completed that I can still apply.

1 hour ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Just be aware that Victoria has now announced it will no longer offer sponsorship for any off shore applicants 

I thought that was going to be the case.  I think I may be best waiting out the storm and seeing what I can do in a couple of years.  Thanks

3 hours ago, motheraugust said:

I thought that was going to be the case.  I think I may be best waiting out the storm and seeing what I can do in a couple of years.  Thanks

I wouldn't wait a couple of years, I would get on the phone/email to one of the Migration Agents on this site and talk through what you want. Even though VIC has closed its programme, that's not unheard of at this time in the year (migration runs July 1st - June 30th) so to be full with only a month left of the year isn't that strange.

The programme will almost certainly open again sometime after July so you want to be ready to submit. Use this time to collate the documents you need (the agents will tell you what they are) so you are ready when they re-open so you can beat the scramble of people applying then

16 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

I wouldn't wait a couple of years, I would get on the phone/email to one of the Migration Agents on this site and talk through what you want. Even though VIC has closed its programme, that's not unheard of at this time in the year (migration runs July 1st - June 30th) so to be full with only a month left of the year isn't that strange.

The programme will almost certainly open again sometime after July so you want to be ready to submit. Use this time to collate the documents you need (the agents will tell you what they are) so you are ready when they re-open so you can beat the scramble of people applying then

Thanks Ausvisitor, I have already applied for my skills assessment and so will proceed to hope to be invited to apply still.