165 Investor visa

Guest Kate&Malc

Guest Kate&Malc

Hi again. It seems this particular visa is not a common one used to enter Oz! I could do with some 'moral support' or advice if anyone can help! We received notification on 4th Oct 2006 from dima to make our designated investment then our visa could be finalised and granted. We were given 49 days to do this bearing in mind we have to sell our property in order to get the finances in place to make the DI. Knowing this to be an impossible task I wrote and asked for an extension and was given another 7 days and told I would need to request a further extension nearer the time - if needed. I did this and received an extension of 28 days - seems this is the most they can grant at any one time. Yesterday I again requested a further extension and received a very unsettling email granting a further 28 days and stating that if we did not manage to make the DI by this expiry they would have to closely consider whether any further extension could be provided. How can we be expected to sell a property and business within three months at the worst time of year! Our medical and penal reports are valid till July and we have met all other criteria. We might be lucky and get an offer around mid Jan. from a very interested party who is contacting us again after the xmas/new year break but we certainly won't have the finances in place to make the DI! Is there no lea- way with these people? It's upset our Christmas because we have this nagging doubt at the back of our minds now! Sorry if I have been a bit long winded. I need some reassurance please!! MERRY XMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kate&Malc

Hi Steve. Thanks for the reply but others have suggested this and the terms of the visa say we cannot borrow funds to make the investment.

Archived