Parents 143 visa

NishK

Hello everyone,

I am looking to apply CPV for my mum and for various reasons its only going to be my mum on the visa not my father. They are legally married.

So few questions, will we have to furnish documents for my father as well?

Also as i understand it PR is 5 year visa, what will be the process to renew it?

Also do standard PR visa conditions apply ie 12 months of constant stay in the first 5 years. I ask this because my mum is working FT at the moment but set to retire in the next 2-3 years so want to get the timing right.

The visa is permanent.  However, when you receive the visa, it comes with a 5 year "travel facility", which allows you to enter and leave Australia whenever you like.

When that first 5 year travel facility expires, you must apply for a "Resident Return Visa" if you wish to travel. To be eligible for a Resident Return Visa, you must have lived in Australia for a total of 2 years during that first 5 years. 

Since your mother will not receive her visa until 2026 at the earliest, and you say  she is due to retire in 2022/2023, that should not be a problem for you.