AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

Hi,

i applied citizenship on 02/01/2021

invitation letter 11/05/2021

did the test today 07/06/2021 parramatta office

passed with 100%

actually parramatta office is really efficient. it took me 35 minutes to finish the interview and the test, they are moving really fast.

waiting for the approval now

cheers.

2 hours ago, Sanji said:

Hi,

i applied citizenship on 02/01/2021

invitation letter 11/05/2021

did the test today 07/06/2021 parramatta office

passed with 100%

actually parramatta office is really efficient. it took me 35 minutes to finish the interview and the test, they are moving really fast.

waiting for the approval now

cheers.

Approved now

2 hours ago, Natoskiii22 said:

Hi All, 

Anyone in sydney still waiting for approval here? i'm stuck in received status for 11 weeks now 😞 

Have you contacted CO, and request FOI to get clear information about it?

On 04/06/2021 at 16:59, cams326 said:

Just want to share that I just received my invitation for the citizenship ceremony on the 28th of June 2021. I received it via email 🙂

I am from Cumberland Council and my citizenship was approved on 27th of March 2021.

Congrats!

I’m from Cumberland too, and mine was approved on 16 Apr 2021.

Did you ask for a virtual ceremony?

2 hours ago, Ding said:

Have you contacted CO, and request FOI to get clear information about it?

Everytime i call the Department they say i'm within timelines and they cant check my application and i have to wait,  i did ask for FOI and received the results and all screenshots showed all green and No matches in any of the security checks , which means all going well and nothing pending. but no approval 

3 hours ago, Jack91 said:

Question - After the application is sent off and it says "Recieved", what is the next process in getting an invitation for a test/interview. Does it come via message? Will I get an email? 

Next step - You will get Invite for Interview via Email. Not via Post. Interview invitation will be updated in your Immi account as well. Once your Interview is completed and based on your result you will get Letter via post regarding approval of citizenship. meanwhile status will get changed to Approved.

1 hour ago, Natoskiii22 said:

Everytime i call the Department they say i'm within timelines and they cant check my application and i have to wait,  i did ask for FOI and received the results and all screenshots showed all green and No matches in any of the security checks , which means all going well and nothing pending. but no approval 

When did you submit your application?

9 hours ago, Natoskiii22 said:

Hi Natoskii, are you happy to share a screen shot or some deets of the security checks you might have been subjected to? 

I am waiting on an approval as well and becoming paranoid

43 minutes ago, CqD said:

Hi Natoskii, are you happy to share a screen shot or some deets of the security checks you might have been subjected to? 

Hi CqD, 
When did you lodge your application and when was your test date?

1 hour ago, CqD said:

It's Called BMI, Integrity,  MAL check, and CMAL check , and all were green 

20 minutes ago, mukesh665544 said:

Test and interview is all done interstate today. Guess officer said he can’t approve my application today because he hasn’t received the police clearance yet from the department.

Hi Mukesh, was your test at a DHA office or centerlink?

A friend of mine actaully asked his case officer and got similar repsonse... then got approved after 4 weeks

On 04/06/2021 at 12:11, Monstero26 said:

Hello everyone, is anyone here applying from Brisbane?
My citizenship application got approved Nov2020 but still haven't received my ceremony invite.... makes me wonder what's going on?

Just wait for few more weeks, you should be invited for the July ceremony. My application was approved Nov 2020 as well, still waiting..  😞