AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

Today I received my Australian Citizenship Approval !! 😊

Applied - 2-Jan-2021

Location - Melbourne

Invitation received for an Interview and Test - 4-Mar-2022. Interview date mention in the invite  6-Apr-2022.

Interview date rescheduled on 29-03-2022

Approval received today !! on 30-03-2022

One note for Indian applicants - Officer didn't accepted Birth Certificate from Indian Consulate and based on Aadhar, I was given a go ahead to sit in the test. Scored 100% (20/20).

Now waiting starts for Ceremony.

• Congratulations 2

17 hours ago, Success21 said:

Application Date - 30 Nov 2020 

Test Date - 16 Mar 2021

Approval Date - 22 Mar 2021

May I know what's your status, what is your application date, approval date and ceremony details?

Application Date - 23 Sep 2021 

Test Date - 9 Dec 2021

Approval Date - 10 Dec 2021

Awaiting for ceremony too.

Brisbane city

22 hours ago, Ranjeet said:

Today I received my Australian Citizenship Approval !! 😊

Applied - 2-Jan-2021

Location - Melbourne

Invitation received for an Interview and Test - 4-Mar-2022. Interview date mention in the invite  6-Apr-2022.

Interview date rescheduled on 29-03-2022

Approval received today !! on 30-03-2022

One note for Indian applicants - Officer didn't accepted Birth Certificate from Indian Consulate and based on Aadhar, I was given a go ahead to sit in the test. Scored 100% (20/20).

Now waiting starts for Ceremony.

Many Congratulation buddy. 

Just a question, did officer allow you to attend the exam based on AADHAR card?

Officially an Australian Citizen !! 😊

Applied - 27th July 2021

Location - Hobart, Tasmania

Invitation received for an Interview and Test - 7th October 2021 . Interview date mention in the invite  2nd November 

Interview date rescheduled to 29-11-2021

Approval received on 29-11-2021

Ceremony - 30-3-2022 (Glenorchy Council)

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

Hi all,

My partner and I attended citizenship tests (in VIC) on Mar 28, 2022 and both passed (100%) . My partner got approval within 1 hour after the test with a confirmation sent via email and her application status changed from Received to Approval on immiaccount. It's been 8 working days from the test but I haven't received any approval email and my applicaiton status is still Received. My partner applied on her own while I included our two kids (under 16)  in my application.

I do applogy if these have been answered in this forum but would you help me with these questions, please:

- In your case did the application included kids take longer time to process?

- Did you have to wait for more than a week for the approval came through?

- In your case, or someone's you knew, even without the approval email from the department but you were still invited by local council to attend the ceremony after passed the test?

Thank you very much for your time.

1 hour ago, HP2019 said:

Hi all,

My partner and I attended citizenship tests (in VIC) on Mar 28, 2022 and both passed (100%) . My partner got approval within 1 hour after the test with a confirmation sent via email and her application status changed from Received to Approval on immiaccount. It's been 8 working days from the test but I haven't received any approval email and my applicaiton status is still Received. My partner applied on her own while I included our two kids (under 16)  in my application.

I do applogy if these have been answered in this forum but would you help me with these questions, please:

- In your case, or someone's you knew, even without the approval email from the department but you were still invited by local council to attend the ceremony after passed the test?

Dear,

you no need to worry i got my approval with my kid after two weeks from test.

it will come soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HP2019 said:

Hi all,

To Your Question...

- In your case did the application included kids take longer time to process? My Application Took More than a Month to Get approved after test. My daughter was included as well.  Dont Worry it takes from 2 Hr - 6 Months to get approval after test... Just Your Luck.... Wait Wait i would say....

- Did you have to wait for more than a week for the approval came through?  Yes it takes 4 Weeks on Average.. To get approved After test but could be long ...

- In your case, or someone's you knew, even without the approval email from the department but you were still invited by local council to attend the ceremony after passed the test? You get approval first and then invite. Step by STep.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kuwind said:

All the orignal document u used in attachment.. passport, driving licence, birth certificate so on. What date was your application? Mar2021 in 

23 minutes ago, Kuwind said:

All the orignal document u used in attachment.. passport, driving licence, birth certificate so on. What date was your application? Mar2021 in victoria???

Yes from vic applied on March 2021 request further document  on sep 2021 ,notarised copy of citizenship, although my  original citizenship was both in English and  native language   I don’t know why they ask notaries copy of Citizenship, interview and test on 11 April,2022. 

20 hours ago, sagardahore said:

Hi,

I am also awaiting for the ceremony from Hume Council. Can you please provide your timeline?

Hello test in Feb and Approved in March.

Would you share your timeline as well please.

Do you know anyone from hume Council recently got invited for ceremony? if Yes then when they got their approval?

Thanks

On 06/04/2022 at 07:32, MerryPumpkin said:

Feb 21 for me and feb 24 for my husband. Same days as our interview and test. 

Citizenship application approved on 14 Feb. Waiting for the ceremony from Brimbank council. Hopefully soon will from council.