Vetassess plumbing assessment

Nebsy

Hi Nebsy. I completed my assessment in Blackburn last May. Nothing really to worry about. Straightforward copper work and a little bit of steel work. You have to follow a set of plans to the millimetre. Then you have to carry out some plastic work. Again you just have to follow the plans. We all completed in about 6-7 hrs. There is also some theory work as well thrown in. You sit around the table and just answer the questions for everybody to fill in. Bring your tools and bring a battery gun for screwing clips. And also knee pads. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, David H said:

Hi Nebsy. I completed my assessment in Blackburn last May. Nothing really to worry about. Straightforward copper work and a little bit of steel work. You have to follow a set of plans to the millimetre. Then you have to carry out some plastic work. Again you just have to follow the plans. We all completed in about 6-7 hrs. There is also some theory work as well thrown in. You sit around the table and just answer the questions for everybody to fill in. Bring your tools and bring a battery gun for screwing clips. And also knee pads. 

Great stuff! Thanks for that david. Great help. Anything I should brush up on for the technical interview? Apparently a 2 hour interview before any practical, is that right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 07/06/2020 at 09:28, Nebsy said:

Yeah you have to do both. Think it was 8 years worth of payslips/p60s etc in the trade, plus all your certs, then once they’ve approved that, a practical exam at one of their training centres.

My agent told me I wont need to do any practical exam, he said all I have to do is gather all my paperwork and evidence etc and if it all checks out then my skills assessment will be approved... So I’m confused about this. I don’t know if it’s different for me because I only have gas qualifications and no plumbing qualifications 

Not sure. Could be different to go over as just a gasfitter then. I’m going on a state sponsored plumbing visa. It required all the paperwork etc then once that was approved by them an invitation to take a practical examination where you do some plumbing work, servicing a gas cooker, piping a boiler up etc nothing major. Your best bet to clarify may be emailing vetassess directly. I’ve done it a couple of times through out the process, they get back to you quite sharply.

• Like 1