Pets {dog}

Dobs

Me and my wife were just wondering if anyone can help, 

What is the process of people's pets (in our case its our dog) getting a visa I. E cost, length of quarantine, would he be on the same flight as us, or are there selected flights for pets each month? 

Any info would be great 

Thanks🐶again 

I have moved your post to the Pets section as it will get better response. 

Your dog doesn't need a "visa" but there are a number of hurdles to jump through. 

This is an expensive process and not simple and needs extensive pre planning. My advice would be to speak to a good pet shipper who should be able to give you a quote very quickly. A company called Pet Air are highly recommended and post on the forum and are the only one ran by vets. 

Total costs are hard to predict as it depends on lots of things such as where you are moving to (the entire continent of Australia only has one quarantine centre. The size of the dog, as airlines charge on size and to some extent even the breed. 

13 hours ago, Dobs said:

Me and my wife were just wondering if anyone can help, 

What is the process of people's pets (in our case its our dog) getting a visa I. E cost, length of quarantine, would he be on the same flight as us, or are there selected flights for pets each month? 

Any info would be great 

Thanks🐶again 

To give you some idea of the cost, we paid at least £7,300 for two large dogs (including quarantine, vet bills, lab tests and vaccinations) with Golden Arrow in November. That was on the direct Qantas flight to Melbourne via Perth; the Emirates flight via Dubai would've been a few hundred pounds cheaper. 

This page will tell you what the process involves: https://www.agriculture.gov.au/cats-dogs/step-by-step-guides/category-3-step-by-step-guide-for-dogs

If your dog is already vaccinated for rabies but more than, say, six months ago, he might not have enough antibodies left to pass the rabies titre test, so you might want to re-vaccinate him first to be on the safe side.