Contact immi help?

Cammy2310

I've used an agent for my visa but I have been waiting nearly 14 months for it, I know processing times are an estimate but I am well over by nearly 4 months. I spoke to another agent who advised me, if i was her client she would be raising this with immi as you can contact them (via email) and explained any mara agent would know how to do this. I spoke to my agent and asked them to do this and they have advised there is no way to contact immi and i have to wait.

Is it possible to email immi and if so, how do you do it?

If you've signed a contract to use an agent you are probably bound to do all Comms with IMMI through them.

Any advice on how to do it yourself would be counter productive as your agent would then be in their rights to dump you as a client.

Just ask your agent if they think this time period is excessive and when they imagine you will be done. 

They know your case better than anyone and there might be some very good reasons why yours is taking 14 months.

Incidentally 14 months isn't really that far out of normal processing times.

1 minute ago, Ausvisitor said:

If you've signed a contract to use an agent you are probably bound to do all Comms with IMMI through them.

Any advice on how to do it yourself would be counter productive as your agent would then be in their rights to dump you as a client.

Just ask your agent if they think this time period is excessive and when they imagine you will be done. 

They know your case better than anyone and there might be some very good reasons why yours is taking 14 months.

Incidentally 14 months isn't really that far out of normal processing times.

Thanks for replying.

When I've spoken to my agent about the wait, its been a case of "bad luck" and I understand 14 months doesn't seem far out, when people are getting the same visa granted in 3 months, its very annoying. What makes it worse is, my agent advised, its not a complex case 😞

It's often the luck of the draw, processing times aren't the same in all cases. Your name might have flagged some trigger on an immigration database (nothing to do with you just one of the other 7 billion people on earth that sounds like you) and it needed looking at.

The agent may have had some personal issues and been off work.

Anything could have happened. 

Your agent can call/email them, their contact details are on the website so it's not a secret. They probably are just aware that chasing them doesn't actually speed up the process but it does annoy them.

• Like 1