Moving to the uk - where to live

Ws2909

based on personal experience, I would recommend living in a medium sized city like Manchester, Birmingham or Bradford. These cities have ample working opportunities as well as lower living cost and good transportation. I lived in London, Dundee and some areas in wales as well before settling in Manchester for 3 years between 2009 and 2012 (studied and worked there) and never had any real difficulty finding work. 

As far as living options are concerned it depends upon your personal preference and income. In Manchester you can find a decent apartment form 400-500 pounds/ month (we shared a four bedroom house for 550/month). But i guess that will depend upon your preferences, your income and the area you end up living in.

3 hours ago, Kaleem said:

based on personal experience, I would recommend living in a medium sized city like Manchester, Birmingham or Bradford. These cities have ample working opportunities as well as lower living cost and good transportation. I lived in London, Dundee and some areas in wales as well before settling in Manchester for 3 years between 2009 and 2012 (studied and worked there) and never had any real difficulty finding work. 

As far as living options are concerned it depends upon your personal preference and income. In Manchester you can find a decent apartment form 400-500 pounds/ month (we shared a four bedroom house for 550/month). But i guess that will depend upon your preferences, your income and the area you end up living in.

Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful. Manchester was at the top of my list, but good to have some other options. And yeah, hoping to organise something similar to your living situation as well. Fingers crossed it all works