Visa 190 changes since Nov 2019

Grimbles

Can you still apply for visa 190, appear to have read that this is closed from nov 2019 for Queensland state sponsored?

i am an accountant but being 42 feel that points on 189 would not be that competitive, I have an English speaking but unskilled husband.

What are people thoughts on obtaining a permanent visa, I want to be in mackay, qld. Read about new 5 year provisional visas but not keen on moving family/dog on one of these.

many thanks for any words of wisdom.

1 hour ago, Grimbles said:

Can you still apply for visa 190, appear to have read that this is closed from nov 2019 for Queensland state sponsored?

i am an accountant but being 42 feel that points on 189 would not be that competitive, I have an English speaking but unskilled husband.

What are people thoughts on obtaining a permanent visa, I want to be in mackay, qld. Read about new 5 year provisional visas but not keen on moving family/dog on one of these.

many thanks for any words of wisdom.

Mackay is regional and therefore you could for a 491. However accountant isn’t on the skilled list for QLD unfortunately 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grimbles said:

Read about new 5 year provisional visas but not keen on moving family/dog on one of these.

These are not "temporary" visas, they are provisional visas and, provided you abide by the conditions of the visa, there is a pathway to PR built in. However, as mentioned QLD are not nominating accountants for either of the state nominated visas at the moment.

• Like 1