Age limit

Clydicus

23 hours ago, Clydicus said:

Hi, can anyone advise on the upper age limit to migrate.  I am a fully qualified Plumbing/Heating/Solar/Gas Engineer who is 51 and wondering if I've missed the boat? 

45 is the age limit for most visa.

The subclass 186 has an age exemption if you work in Australia for three years earning a salary above the "high income threshold" (which in your trade you may).

Not easy but maybe possible. 

• Like 1

To clarify what Raul said:

If you can find an employer to sponsor you, you could get a TSS 482 visa, which will let you work in Australia for 2 to 4 years.   After three years, and assuming the rules haven't changed again by then, you may be able to apply for a permanent visa (no guarantee you'll get one).  

If you're single, it's worth the gamble.  If it doesn't work out, you'll be out of pocket but you'll have had an adventure.  If you're married with kids, then I wouldn't risk it, frankly.  If something goes wrong with the TSS visa (say, the business goes bust or you get retrenched), you'll be thrown out of the country in 90 days and the government won't care that it disrupts the kids' education or that you don't have a home to go back to.