Work in Brisbane - Is there any??

heids

Hi All,

My new husband and I are flying out to Brisbane 31.01.2007. Visa in hand!

We are very excited!

We are packing things up for the move. Trying to travel light!!

Our thoughts have now moved to getting a job in Brisbane. How hard is it really, for a migrant to get a job. I'm not neccessarily talking about a skilled job. Just work in general.

I have read some horror stories about how it could be 2 months before we get a job!!

We would abviously like some money coming in as soon as possible. How hard is it to find general office jobs (admin, data entry etc)?

Would we have more luck in the retail sector? I have quite a bit of customer service experience as well as office.

I would greatly appreciate it of people could share there experiences of how they found it gettig a non skilled job or temparay work.

Thanks in advance :)

Heids

if your not too picky there are loads of jobs ,Saturdays Courier mail has the job paper inside but most of our local papers have jobs too,make sure you have refernces and resume handy ,my hubby went round places in person and had a pick of 5 different companys i think you will be ok ,good luck

Cal x

Thanks Cal,

That puts my mind at rest. I certainly will get a couple of references sorted and the CV is done.

Do I need to change the name of my CV to Resume?

Or should it not make any difference?

Thanks again,

Heids

Archived