what is clarkson,merriwa,butler like???

Guest stevebison2000

Guest stevebison2000

hi all. we are going beginning of october 08. would just like some

comments on clarkson, merriwa, butler and surrounding areas.

are they all ok, or are there some to watch out for.

i see on real estate that a lot of the houses in these areas all

seem to have alarms installed in them.

all comments would be appreciated,

thanks

Hi

Merriwa has a bad reputation - or at least it did when we were in Perth in Sept 06. This was probably the only place we could have squeezed onto the housing market and we decided instead to take our chances in Melbourne.

Butler is a brand new estate and it has loads of Poms there. It is a fair distance from the city but near to the beaches (everywhere seems to be close to a beach) unless you travel east of course!

Clarkson is where we rented a holiday house and it was 10 min drive to beach and had a good indoor shopping centre. Not a fantastic rep but not really bad either.

To be truthful all the susurbs seemed the same. It felt like the truman show!! But the beaches are great and the city is very very clean. There is biulding of new houses everywhere and as you may be aware they are building them so tightly packed it is like leggo land in the newer suburbs. One other thing i noticed is that they like to use a corrugated cream coloured iron fence in all new properties which is not the most attractive thing i have seen and almost every house has it.

My favourite suburb was Edgewater as it was slightly older and greener looking). I would live on the beach side of Marmion Ave if i could afford it though. You would have to be very well off though!!

Good luck

Georgie

Archived