Moving back : how to get rid of possessions ?

Red Rose

3 hours ago, Wanderer Returns said:

We intend to ship out our Samsung smart TV when we move out next year. I'm not really bothered if I can't get Australian TV tbh (unless it's dramatically improved in the last 5 years!), just as long as I can get Netflix and other streaming services.

Improved? LOL Nope 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AliQ said:

I’ve heard that too. Sony told me though that “that work around” does not always work. It depends where you live in Australia and the type of transmitters used in that area etc. I’m not risking it and wasting money to ship, I’ll buy a new one when we get there. Also, I’m not that tech savvy so not going to mess around with ‘top boxes” etc etc.

Fair enough, I'm tech savvy, but yes not worth the hassle. TV's are pretty cheap these days anyway, unless you want the latest 4k OLED 😛 

3 hours ago, Red Rose said:

I think I’m going to sell mine and not bother shipping it. Only thing is, I’ll be lucky to get a quarter of what I paid or it. I paid 2k AUD 2.5 years ago for it and it is now out of warranty. I reckon I’d be lucky to get $600 for it now. 

Possibly not even that, since it's out of warranty.