Electrician in Perth

Gary102

Why Duncraig?   

You've got a fair bit of work to do before you're ready to emigrate.  First you need to find out whether you can get enough points to even apply.   You need at least 65 points to apply, but that doesn't mean you'll get a visa, because it's a competition - the people with the highest points get picked, and everyone else loses out. 

As an electrician, you'll have to do a skills assessment to satisfy Immigration, but that's only for Immigration - it means nothing once you get to Australia.  You'll have to do some extra qualifications and then work for at least six months as a trades assistant (at apprentice pay) before you'll be allowed to work as a qualified electrician.  So if you have family to support, you need to have enough savings to tide you through that.  

How old are you?

Hi,

Duncraig is where my sister lives, so I am planning on moving near her.

I was told my qualifications would be converted over to their standard and I would only need to go the college to get the A grade license to work on my own. 

My wife is a beauty therapist so she will be working when we come over and we do have savings. 

Also I’m 36.

Edited by Gary102

1 hour ago, Gary102 said:

Hi,

Duncraig is where my sister lives, so I am planning on moving near her.

I was told my qualifications would be converted over to their standard and I would only need to go the college to get the A grade license to work on my own. 

I don’t think that’s true, you’ll have to do the time s an assistant as well

After you do your skills assessment you can get a restricted licence which means you can work supervised as a Trade Assistant.

Trade Assistants are NOT just on Apprentice wages, you have to get a licenced electrician to sign off your work.  You will have to do college and work supervised for around a year I think it is, things have changed a lot since we came over.  With a restricted licence you will also be able to do electrical work that does not need connecting up to mains power.  Things like building Switchboards.  Each states licencing is different and they are all supposed to Mutually recognise each others licences but they don't.   Duncraig is a very nice suburb.  You may be thinking about a contractors licence - that is to work for yourself as a sole trader.  

Have a look at this  https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/building-and-energy/electrical-licence

• Like 2