Partner Visa 801/820: Moving from E-Visitor to Bridging Visa A - overseas travel

euroguyaus

I arrived in Australia a month ago on an e-visitor visa, have since applied for a partner visa onshore, but in order to maintain my current employment, would like to travel back to India (I have been working there on a UK diplomatic posting) in a few days:

- Is it possible to do this without starting my e-visitor again and counting back down from 3 months until Bridging Visa A is granted?

- As I have applied for a Partner Visa 820 and believe we meet the conditions (more than 12 months living together, shared finances, social invitations and recognition etc); will Bridging Visa A give me the right to work once it is granted? What is the typical expiry date? Have others had experience of searching for work on Bridging Visa A - what do you tell potential employers about your work rights?

Ideas and experiences most welcome!! Thanks.

- no, not unless you let your evisitor expire onshore, you then need a BVB to travel

- your BVA gives you the right to work and lasts until your 820 application is decided

- your bridging visa should already  have been granted If you have made a valid application for a partner visa, it is just not yet in effect. All the details are on the grant letter. If you have not received a BVA grant then you need to make sure there is not a problem with your 820 application.