Quick question on filling in travel history (student visa 500)

jlai928

Hi all, 

Sorry if stupid question but how important is it to fill out every single place I've been in the last ten years as per requirement on student visa application? 

The thing is I've renewed passports and also have dual nationality.

I'll try my best but don't think I'll be able to do it to 100% accuracy (first world problems haha) Im international and travel almost every single major holiday so it's going to be very difficult. I don't even know how to start... 

I can't rmb where I've been in the past ten years omg

9 hours ago, jlai928 said:

Hi all, 

Sorry if stupid question but how important is it to fill out every single place I've been in the last ten years as per requirement on student visa application? 

The thing is I've renewed passports and also have dual nationality.

I'll try my best but don't think I'll be able to do it to 100% accuracy (first world problems haha) Im international and travel almost every single major holiday so it's going to be very difficult. I don't even know how to start... 

I can't rmb where I've been in the past ten years omg

People take differing views on this, the most hard line is "how important is it to you to get the visa, if so list every single place"

The more pragmatic view is trips within the EU (asuming you have an EU passport) aren't verifiable since Schengen so these won't show on official records, so you would need to include all trips that result in a visa being applied for or a passport stamp.

Ultimatley the only way to be sure is to list everything, on my 190 visa application the list of foreign trips I'd taken in the last 10 years ran to over 6 A4 pages of Excel spreadsheet. Which I guess was overkill

2 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

People take differing views on this, the most hard line is "how important is it to you to get the visa, if so list every single place"

The more pragmatic view is trips within the EU (asuming you have an EU passport) aren't verifiable since Schengen so these won't show on official records, so you would need to include all trips that result in a visa being applied for or a passport stamp.

Ultimatley the only way to be sure is to list everything, on my 190 visa application the list of foreign trips I'd taken in the last 10 years ran to over 6 A4 pages of Excel spreadsheet. Which I guess was overkill

Thank you! Okay I'll try my best haha don't want to lie but it's just so tedious. You're right though might as well sit down and at least do it to the best of my abilities. 

Wow 6 pages that's crazy! Well done 😛