457, Partner Visa, bridging visa query

Hi,

I have a situation at the moment on which i would like to seek some help from the forum, any suggestion/advice/info is much appreciated.

Currently I am in Australia working for a company and have a valid Skilled 457 visa which is valid till mid of 2020. Also, my partner visa application is in progress and i have bridging visa type A (BVA) which is currently inactive as my substantive visa (457) is valid.

Now, I will be leaving my current company (who actually sponsored me 457) in coming 2 weeks and after a day or two i will be leaving to my home country to visit my family.
Once i leave my sponsored company,

1. Would my 457 be cancelled/null/expired and BVA would be Active? or my 457 would be active till its actual expired date?
2. If my BVA becomes active (and 457 is not a valid visa), then i need to raise a bridging visa type B BVB re-enter to Australia so could i raise BVB now when my BVA is inactive?
3. If i couldn't raise BVB without having an active BVA then what would i do to re-enter to Australia?

Thanks for the response.

However, if that's the case probably i need to understand what is the use of Bridging Visa Type A? which states - This Bridging A visa will only become active if your current visa ends before your new application has been finalised. This Bridging visa allows you to stay lawfully in Australia while your Partner (subclass 820) application is being processed.

Yes.  That is to ensure you remain legal if processing takes you beyond the life of your current visa.  If you cancel that visa the bridging visa will also be cancelled.  Cancelling is different to allowing your visa to simply come to an end.  The bridging visa is a safety net that may not need to be used if your new visa is granted before the old one runs out.  Because processing times are getting longer more and more people are ending up on bridging visas.

The company does not cancel your visa, the Department of Home Affairs does. Your employer has a legal obligation to inform the Department if your employment ceases, or is expected to cease. If you do not find a new sponsor within a specified time period, your visa can be cancelled. If you are offshore, there is no obligation for the Department to warn you of the intended cancellation.

Your situation really is too complex for you to make decisions based on forum posts. I strongly recommend that you get some professional assistance, before you end up offshore with no easy way to return or in Australia and unlawful.

• Like 1