Partner visa 309/ Arrange marriage

Ajay88

Hi everyone. I am going to get married this December. I want to apply offshore 309 partner visa for my wife. It’s an arrange marriage. I never met her before, I will meet her first time this December. So my question is this, what documents should I attach during visa lodgement? Some people say I cannot apply 309 visa for my partner because I don’t have one year old relationship proof. If this is true, It is unfair with arrange marriage? How can someone show a year old relationship before marriage if he or she do arrange marriage? Thanks 

You don't need a 1-year relationship to apply for a 309 visa and many people in arranged marriages successfully apply for visas.  DHA is well aware of the custom of arranged marriages and AFAIK, they accept the fact that the applicant and sponsor will have less evidence of a lengthy relationship.  However, you still need to provide evidence of it being a genuine relationship.  It may be useful to speak with a registered migration agent for some guidance on what evidence you should gather. 

• Like 1

Hi Maggie. Thanks for the satisfy information. I have another question if you can help me. My younger brother is Australian Permanent resident.  He met a girl through Facebook in 2016 and both started relationship in 2016. When my brother applied his Permanent residency in 2018, he mentioned his relationship status “single” in form 80 as he cannot prove he is in relationship because he didn’t met her before. He is going to marry her in November before my marriage. So my question is, when he will apply 309 visa for his wife what relationship he needs to show. Should he need to show just arrange marriage? If he show it is love marriage and they know each other since 2016 then immigration can ask my brother why he didn’t mention in the form that he was in relationship before lodge Permanent resident. By logic, he didn’t meet her so He couldn’t proof his relationship during his PR visa lodgement. Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks 

On 11/10/2019 at 14:25, Ajay88 said:

Hi Maggie. Thanks for the satisfy information. I have another question if you can help me. My younger brother is Australian Permanent resident.  He met a girl through Facebook in 2016 and both started relationship in 2016. When my brother applied his Permanent residency in 2018, he mentioned his relationship status “single” in form 80 as he cannot prove he is in relationship because he didn’t met her before. He is going to marry her in November before my marriage. So my question is, when he will apply 309 visa for his wife what relationship he needs to show. Should he need to show just arrange marriage? If he show it is love marriage and they know each other since 2016 then immigration can ask my brother why he didn’t mention in the form that he was in relationship before lodge Permanent resident. By logic, he didn’t meet her so He couldn’t proof his relationship during his PR visa lodgement. Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks 

More detailed information would be required to be able to provide a response to your question. 

As @MaggieMay24 has already stated, you would be wise to seek some professional advice.