Yes im having a whringe im a pom im aload

onecrankypom

Look like im heading to Sydney after today I decide i giving up on Brisbane after the last 7 weeks have been a complete nitemare. I love Brisbane but look like i have to go to Sydney where tehre less hassle with Visas and my experience counts even through it be going back to the London enviroment i dont see much choice but im worried when i apply for part 2 of my spouse visa as my partner doesnt want to move until after the wedding in January so im so lost and fed up:sad:

Come on keep your pecker up just get there and then if you dont like it hopefully you can move on to somewhere else. Whats your occupation then?

Good Luck

even through i know some thing will come up in accounts i just fed up of agencys and employers saying moving to sydney cause your CV stronger down there then here so suxs right now even through im going out for the first time in 7 week since i arrived in Brisbane i want to curl up and wish this nitemare away

Cranky if every company is coming back with the 'over qualified,lose interest' speech have you not considered playing down your cv a little for now.I spoke to someone today who was in a similar position to you a few years ago when she arrived and she said once she had got the first job she was laughing and got every other job she applied for thereafter,it may be an idea to write another cv and see if it works ,she seems to think once youve got that first position you will be ok.

keep smiling mate

Cal x

Guest Jaynie

Chris..........I agree with Cal and was going to suggest something similar myself, get your foot in the door first then see what happens from there! You'll get something in Brissy, you don't want to be having to commute every blinkin weekend to see your lovely partner. Good luck

Guest fatpom

I live in Brisbane now but also lived in Sydney for 4 yrs. Seems strange to me that anyone would advise you to go to Sydney for work????

even through i know some thing will come up in accounts i just fed up of agencys and employers saying moving to sydney cause your CV stronger down there then here so suxs right now even through im going out for the first time in 7 week since i arrived in Brisbane i want to curl up and wish this nitemare away

Hi Welshy

I met your Mum last night!!! she told me her son has just moved to be with his Australian girlfriend in Brisbane.

She told me she wants you back home, Is it your Mum? she works at the Liverpool docks in the office.

Sorry don't know her name hense I kept using the word "she" sorry

Geoffrey

Guest Marie78

Hey Chris,

As others have said try changing your CV or resume as they like calling it here! As i said in our chat the other day ive had similar probs to yourself finding suitable work but once i changed my CV ive had a few offers. still doesnt make people go any quicker getting back to you but worth a try! Hope you have a fantabulous night out tonight! :smile:

I live in Brisbane now but also lived in Sydney for 4 yrs. Seems strange to me that anyone would advise you to go to Sydney for work????

Due to my financally experience back in London they say employers in Sydney would be looking for that and they are not as fussy as Brisbane Due to the fact I not got a Degree in Finance companies here dont look for experience so you can imagine my reaction to that is

Hi Welshy

I met your Mum last night!!! she told me her son has just moved to be with his Australian girlfriend in Brisbane.

She told me she wants you back home, Is it your Mum? she works at the Liverpool docks in the office.

Sorry don't know her name hense I kept using the word "she" sorry

Geoffrey

:arghh:OMG Geoff so you telling me your my DAD WOOHOOO all i know he was an aussie dam where you been dad all my life :twitcy:LMFAO

Hey Chris,

As others have said try changing your CV or resume as they like calling it here! As i said in our chat the other day ive had similar probs to yourself finding suitable work but once i changed my CV ive had a few offers. still doesnt make people go any quicker getting back to you but worth a try! Hope you have a fantabulous night out tonight! :smile:

lAST NITE WAS A GOOD NITE OUT GOOD TO LEAVE THE HOUSE AND SEE PEOPLE ON A FRIIDAY NITE EVEN THROUGH I KNEW NO ONE BUT IN ALL A GOOD NITE NOT TO IMPRESSED WITH THE TWO NITECLUBS I WENT TO IN REDCLIFFE THROUGH ONE WAS LIKE A BABY BOPS AND I FELT OLD AT THE AGE OF 28 LOL :skeptical:

lAST NITE WAS A GOOD NITE OUT GOOD TO LEAVE THE HOUSE AND SEE PEOPLE ON A FRIIDAY NITE EVEN THROUGH I KNEW NO ONE BUT IN ALL A GOOD NITE NOT TO IMPRESSED WITH THE TWO NITECLUBS I WENT TO IN REDCLIFFE THROUGH ONE WAS LIKE A BABY BOPS AND I FELT OLD AT THE AGE OF 28 LOL :skeptical:

Yeah theyr'e called "GRAB A GRANDAD"

Archived