Break up with partner while applying for a partner visa

Tx1111

Hi. I'm looking for advice on the best course of action following a relationship breakdown while waiting for a partner visa to be granted. I'm 48 with no transferrable skills to offer, so many visa options are not open to me. I have unrestricted work rights with my bridging visa but would assume they would be revoked as soon as I move out? I have a brother with his own plumbing business in Perth. Could there be anything that could help in regard to that? Given my circumstances, is there a visa that would be available to me? Has anyone been through this who could advise further?  Thx

28 minutes ago, Tx1111 said:

Hi. I'm looking for advice on the best course of action following a relationship breakdown while waiting for a partner visa to be granted. I'm 48 with no transferrable skills to offer, so many visa options are not open to me. I have unrestricted work rights with my bridging visa but would assume they would be revoked as soon as I move out? I have a brother with his own plumbing business in Perth. Could there be anything that could help in regard to that? Given my circumstances, is there a visa that would be available to me? Has anyone been through this who could advise further?  Thx

I suspect that you actually know the answer to this question.  The partner visa was your only option to remain in your circumstances.  I hope that children are not involved.

6 hours ago, Tx1111 said:

Talk to an agent but at your age, with your skills, I’d say you'll be  looking for a ticket home Asap. You know that when your circumstances change (relationship breakdown) you are obligated to advise the authorities.