Visa/Passport/DL name issues

dunc

I'm just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation, my wife's maiden name is on her permanent resident visa and her passport. We spent some time in the UK and at that time she updated her UK DL to her married name. Now we're back in Perth and she applied for a WA license with her UK license and our marriage cert. Everything seemed to go fine but now she's had a recorded message from DOT stating that her maiden name will be used because that's the one on her visa.

Is this normal, the DL name must match the visa? We previously looked at changing the visa name but were told we'd need to change her passport first which has several years left. 

If so I'm guessing she'll need to update her UK passport, then her visa and finally the license? She's just paid for a 5 year license... 

So everything in WA, bank, utilities, insurance etc is in her married name but the DL isn't which is probably going to cause issues with car insurance among other things! 

Apologies for the delayed reply, I've just found the notification in my spam folder.

Sounds like it depends who you speak at the DOT then. We'll see what she gets in the post and maybe follow up to have it changed if her maiden name is on it. It looks like you can change a DL with a marriage cert for $10 should it come to that.