Karan08

Hi everyone, kindly help as i am in a very tough phase of my life.

My name is karan and I live in Brisbane. I am currently on bridging visa c which was originally granted to me when I applied for RSMS on bridging visa a in may 2016.

My nomination got refused in july 2018 and I applied for aat in August 2018.

I am still waiting for my AAT review from last 12 months but now the employer wants to close the business as he wants to get out of all this. So how long i can stay on this aat bfr they open the case and if i want to then how can i postpone the review because

2 weeks ago i have been diagnosed with active tb.

Tb clinic has started the treatment and they said that it has to be continue everyday without missing a single dose.

So far i go everyday in their clinic to take the meds.

As tb treatment is very strict

Everyday upto 9 months and i cant miss the treatment not even for a single day as it can make the treatment complicated.

Tb clinic told me that i cant fly or leave australia either if i am planning to and i am already on a bridging visa c for AAT after the refusal of 187 RSMS which can expire anytime if they give negative decision as i am very scared about my health.

TB clinic have also notified the department.

So now i want to find out if i am eligible to apply for any visa to finish off my treatment if my bridging visa gets cancelled or immi will wait for my treatment to finish even though AAT takes the decision?

Tb clinic told me that my visa wont get cancelled as i am on tb treatment but i dont want to take any risk as i want to finish my treatment here in Austalia at any cost.

Please find me some answers as its really been a stressful time for me.

Or find me some other option so i can please complete my treatment without breaching any law or visa conditions.

i am hoping to get a reply back.

Thanking you,

If you do not have an approved nomination, or a refused nomination under review,  the AAT cannot find in your favour and might make an unfavorable decision at any time. If you are refused, or the AAT lacks jurisdiction. you will have a period on your current visa  to depart. An application for a bringing E might be enough to cover your treatment period.  An issue with this being that you must become illegal before you can apply and immigration can tell you to continue treatment outside Australia. If you cannot be uplifted by an airline, because of your medical condition, you will probably be granted permission to stay, one way or another, perhaps to your ultimate disadvantage in applying for further visas.

Edited by wrussell

Thank you for your help. I was curious if i could apply for a medical treatment visa to finish my treatment?

Not without leaving Australia.

May I suggest that you put the full facts of your case to a registered migration agent for advice about possible strategies?