Relationship Developed So Quickly | Thoughts on getting PMV

Lakai18

Hi Everyone,

Just want to hear your thoughts about our situation with my girlfriend and that we are considering applying for Prospective Marriage Visa. 

We had a class elementary reunion last December 2018 and from there I met my girlfriend. I am based in Manila and my girlfriend is based in Sydney.

5th of January 2019, I laid down my intentions to court my "friend" back then before she flew back to Sydney. I did a long distance courtship(fb messenger chat, sending video messages, and serenading videos) for 4 months  until I decided to fly to Sydney to visit her last June 2019.

15th of June 2019, we became a couple officially.  I met her family and friends in Sydney and we had a great time.

20th of June 2019, I flew back to Manila and we officially started our long distance relationship. We do Facetime everyday from then on.

My girlfriend is set to visit Manila on September 2019 and I am set ready to propose for marriage by that time.

Given my girlfriend will say yes to my proposal and everything falls in the right place, if we apply for Prospective Marriage Visa, does the "quick" development of our relationship affects negatively? Does anyone knows that have the same situation as we do?  

Hi Lakai,

No the time does not affect a PMV 300 I met my partner March 18 and applied for this Visa Jan 19 after working really hard on gathering evidence of our relationship.

It's a good idea to get pictures of you both with parents each others Friends etc keep logs of calls FT, I just took screen shots off my phone witch showed the dates and continued communication.

Keep receipts, flight itineraries hotel bookings, gifts etc etc and of course once you propose get your NOIM notice of intent to Marry. 

There is heaps of evidence to gather and form 80 is big for you to fill out, medical checks police checks..... 

So in short, you are good to go, just get your yes!! Start gathering evidence now and get it in ASAP.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

We had to prove we had been in a relationship for 12 months . Joint bank accounts for 12 months . Household bills in both names . Stat dec's from family and proof of emails from 12 months . It takes quite a bit as a lot of people scam this visa and from what i have read recently they are tightening it up . Best of luck . Just get lots and lots of evidence . Facetiming is not really evidence . They need hard evidence . 

3 minutes ago, steveshe said:

We had to prove we had been in a relationship for 12 months . Joint bank accounts for 12 months . 

Was that for a spouse (married) visa, or was it for a prospective marriage visa?   There's a big difference.  

A prospective marriage visa allows someone to bring their fiancé to Australia to get married.     Even these days, a lot of people don't live together before marriage, so they can't possibly provide joint household bills etc.   The visa only lasts 9 months and they have to get married within that time, and then you can apply for a longer visa.

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/08/2019 at 00:17, Jeannie said:

Hi Lakai,

No the time does not affect a PMV 300 I met my partner March 18 and applied for this Visa Jan 19 after working really hard on gathering evidence of our relationship.

It's a good idea to get pictures of you both with parents each others Friends etc keep logs of calls FT, I just took screen shots off my phone witch showed the dates and continued communication.

Keep receipts, flight itineraries hotel bookings, gifts etc etc and of course once you propose get your NOIM notice of intent to Marry. 

There is heaps of evidence to gather and form 80 is big for you to fill out, medical checks police checks..... 

So in short, you are good to go, just get your yes!! Start gathering evidence now and get it in ASAP.

Good luck

Hi Jeannie,

I got her yes!!! 🙂 

So the adventure begins. 

How did you do your NOIM? I mean did you went to Australia to sign the document and both of you should be their to submit it?

-Moises

23 hours ago, Lakai18 said:

Hi Jeannie,

I got her yes!!! 🙂 

So the adventure begins. 

How did you do your NOIM? I mean did you went to Australia to sign the document and both of you should be their to submit it?

-Moises

Hi, We contacted a local Marriage Celebrant, they just have to see your Birth cert etc, and yes I went to sign, they generally know how to do this process, ours does anyway. have a google in the area you guys visit, that was the easy part to all this and once in they last 18 months, If possible give 2 possible dates incase the first is missed, luckily ours is easy to juggle as a little intimate ceremony, we have had to change date once so far due to not having our Visa.

Good luck and congratulations.

18 hours ago, Jeannie said:

Hi, We contacted a local Marriage Celebrant, they just have to see your Birth cert etc, and yes I went to sign, they generally know how to do this process, ours does anyway. have a google in the area you guys visit, that was the easy part to all this and once in they last 18 months, If possible give 2 possible dates incase the first is missed, luckily ours is easy to juggle as a little intimate ceremony, we have had to change date once so far due to not having our Visa.

Good luck and congratulations.

Thanks for the information Jeannie!

May I ask further question/s? 🙂 

Do we both need to write our written statements re our relationship history? Or just me the visa applicant that needs to do this?

Appreciate you Jeannie!

Regards.