Drink driving

Me and my family applied for Permanent residency to Australia last year. All our paperwork is submitted and medicals are completed. However like an idiot I was arrested for Drink Driving 2 days ago. This is completly out of character for me and i will hang my head in shame for the rest of my life. Im devastated to think i have ruined my families chances of making our dream move to Australia. How will this affect my visa application? Will the Australian government automatically reject us now?

If you used an agent i would speak to them about the possibility of submitting an updated police check.. I don't think a DD will automatically prevent you from migrating, it tends to be prison sentences that do that, but i would look into declaring it as soon as you can.

Cal x

6 hours ago, Bradders99 said:

Me and my family applied for Permanent residency to Australia last year. All our paperwork is submitted and medicals are completed. However like an idiot I was arrested for Drink Driving 2 days ago. This is completly out of character for me and i will hang my head in shame for the rest of my life. Im devastated to think i have ruined my families chances of making our dream move to Australia. How will this affect my visa application? Will the Australian government automatically reject us now?

Where were you arrested dude? In Australia or overseas? 

53 minutes ago, Bradders99 said:

We have submitted a police check from 2016, so I'm thinking they will ask for a more updated one? I was arrested in the UK. Such a stupid thing to do!

What is the standard of Police check document? 

I had one drunk driving fine few years ago. How will it effect on my police check?