Teacher registration

On 08/07/2019 at 11:15, 31Hillbury said:

Hi guys, 

Just wondering if you need QCT registration to apply for a 189 visa under secondary school teacher in QLD? 

Thanks

eddie

I realise that each state has their own Teacher registration board but for SA you can’t get fully registered until you complete a full days safeguarding training (only available in SA) but you can get your qualifications assessed by the SA TRB before applying and they provide a certificate as evidence that your qualifications meet the requirements.

I didn’t need to have this before applying for the 489 for SA but my migration agent recommended that I had this ASAP in order to avoid any hiccups down the line and also show that I have looked into work opportunities in SA. 

Hi guys, 
Just wondering if you need QCT registration to apply for a 189 visa under secondary school teacher in QLD? 

Thanks
eddie

There’s no requirement to be registered with any teaching board in order to obtain a 189 visa.

AITSL and the teaching boards will do their own independent reviews of your qualifications.