Holiday whilst waiting for RRV

CRP82

Hi All.

I am looking for some advice please. 

I have PR and lived in Australia for around 14 months. I'm currently in the UK and intend to return to Australia long term before the end of the year. I have submitted an application for a 12 month RRV with evidence from my employer that we have significant business in Australia, so I'm fairly confident it will be granted.

However, the process is taking a while and my cousin is getting married in Australia in a few weeks time. Does anyone know if I can apply for a visitor visa while I'm awaiting the RRV decision and attend the wedding? I will leave after that and return to Aus if/when the RRV is granted.   

Many thanks.

On 29/06/2019 at 02:47, paulhand said:

You can do this - but as above, there is a risk that your applications ‘cross in the mail’. I suggest you contact the RRV team with evidence of your need to travel soon and see if that will expedite the RRV. 

Hi Paul,

Is there any contact detail for RRV team? Or need to go through the general immi hotline? Thanks! 

6 hours ago, bb0201 said:

Hi Paul,

Is there any contact detail for RRV team? Or need to go through the general immi hotline? Thanks! 

If you email me from my contact details, I can give you the address. I don’t post Dept email addresses online.