EOI invitation in Victoria

Hi all

I am a RN (Nec) and have 70+5 point.

i had each band 7 prior and tried for 79+ in PTE and finally got it on end of April. I initially applied EOI on 189 and 190 stream with 60+5 points but now updated it to 70+5 points on 29 of April, however, I haven't heard anything till now. Actually, my TR is expiring in 2 months. I am therefore very stressed either to wait for one more month or to apply for student visa. 

Does anyone have any idea how long might it take for getting an invitation? I thought 75 points is good, but i don't know how long they might take!

On 27/05/2019 at 22:08, Nisha Giri said:

Hi all

I am a RN (Nec) and have 70+5 point.

i had each band 7 prior and tried for 79+ in PTE and finally got it on end of April. I initially applied EOI on 189 and 190 stream with 60+5 points but now updated it to 70+5 points on 29 of April, however, I haven't heard anything till now. Actually, my TR is expiring in 2 months. I am therefore very stressed either to wait for one more month or to apply for student visa. 

Does anyone have any idea how long might it take for getting an invitation? I thought 75 points is good, but i don't know how long they might take!

Hi, if you qualify as a recent graduate then you're also expected to apply directly to Victoria on their website. Or have you done this already?

I was an overseas nurse. Completed my Bachelor of Nursing back in Dec 2013. And was registered for the first time in Nepal in 2014 April. I graduated in Masters of Public Health from deakin university in July 2017. So, i guess i don't qualify for applying directly.

I really d my best to get more points.

I am really worried as my TR is expiring soon 😭

On 04/06/2019 at 01:35, Nisha Giri said:

I was an overseas nurse. Completed my Bachelor of Nursing back in Dec 2013. And was registered for the first time in Nepal in 2014 April. I graduated in Masters of Public Health from deakin university in July 2017. So, i guess i don't qualify for applying directly.

I really d my best to get more points.

I am really worried as my TR is expiring soon 😭

Hello,

were you able to claim points for your Masters degree? I am in the same situation, overseas nurse with less than 1 year of experience and thinking to apply for 190 with 65 points or 489 with 70 points, both for NSW as I do not have a lot of experience. 

The other option is to apply for a student visa, and I was also looking at doing a Masters of Public Health, but I am concerned if I will be able to claim extra 5 points for my studies as it is not Master in Nursing. I know MPH is a good option for registered nurses, but just want to make sure I can claim points if I decide to do it.

were you able to work as  a registered nurse while you were a student and claim points for this, or you had to wait to get your TR first to claim points for work experience?

your help is greatly appreciated. 

good luck!