Going to australia before Visa grant

aussiedream

Just wondering if this is possible at all? Its something we have looked at as my husband and I have been working ourselves silly for quite some time and our plan was to sell our business when we get our visa.

Now however it looks like we would have a sell in place for september, we applied end of January so are thinking of spending 4-6weeks travelling around Australia visiting some family as we will probably not have an opportunity for a big break like this again for some time!

Is that possible to land onshore on a holiday Visa? Or as needed to activate must you come back to UK first?

Just looking at our options if the visa isnt in place, nothing set in stone at the minute!

Thanks a lot x

It is a risk, selling up.  What if the visa is refused?

In any case it will depend on the visa you have applied for.  Some do not have an onshore/offshore distinction and can be granted wherever you are.  Some require you to be offshore, meaning you will be told your grant is ready and you should leave Australia for this to happen. You do not have to go back the the UK just out of Australia for a few days. 

You do need to keep Immigration informed though. 

Applying for a holiday visa whilst processing is fine, but do be aware that the last visa granted cancels all previous visas, so you need to be sure main visa grant is not imminent!

• Like 1

Totally, although my idea, I am not a risk taker so this is certainly something to think on. We have been given a "too good to be true offer" but it does require selling by aug-sept so I think this will probably be the case whether we get the visa or not.

Hopefully it wont be refused, but the very worst would be an extended holiday travelling and visiting my aging parents who live over there too. And we would be moving from our current home anyway so I suppose it would be a fresh start in Australia or fresh start in UK.

Very good point about the visas overlapping though that would be something I would need to figure out - will speak to our agent as well as I would hate to do anything to jeopardise our potential visa.

Thanks again x