holiday in Oz visa

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me apply for the right visa. My wife and I want to visit my wife' daughter and family in Brisbane in November and need to apply for a visa but we are wondering if we apply for the 90 day visa and then take time out to visit NZ for 1 month will that 1 month then be added to this visa. Thank you for any help. David

15 hours ago, david copson said:

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me apply for the right visa. My wife and I want to visit my wife' daughter and family in Brisbane in November and need to apply for a visa but we are wondering if we apply for the 90 day visa and then take time out to visit NZ for 1 month will that 1 month then be added to this visa. Thank you for any help. David

What passports do you both hold?

If you are British citizens you can apply for a longer stay, 6 or 12 months. 

The visa costs about 130 dollars from memory. My mother in law recently applied and stayed for 7 months. 

The risk of doing the 3 months, going to NZ and returning might look like you are trying to live in Australia which is not what the visa is for. People have done this in the past and eventually it catches up with them and they are denied entry. 

You need an eVisitor visa which can be applied for online. You will get a 12 month visa with multiple entries which allow a three month stay on each entry. So you can go the Australia, stay up the three months, visit NZ and come back with the stay period reset.