Shipping: packing scrubbing driving me nuts.

I was told by one of the shippers not to use the vacuum bags because small amounts of water are trapped in your clothing and it can cause mold during the long sea voyage.

However I ignored that and used them for a couple of large quilts. Won't know if that was a good idea or not for a couple of months.

Shipping companies like to have everything boxed so either you will have to do so or they will. Best to talk to them.

I was told by one of the shippers not to use the vacuum bags because small amounts of water are trapped in your clothing and it can cause mold during the long sea voyage.
However I ignored that and used them for a couple of large quilts. Won't know if that was a good idea or not for a couple of months.
Shipping companies like to have everything boxed so either you will have to do so or they will. Best to talk to them.
Ok thank you. Will check with them.

Ours used wardrobe boxes for clothes on hangars. If your packers are supposed to pack then let them do it.  They need to check anything you have packed yourselves anyway. They will do a full inventory and can then be held responsible for any breakages too. 

Just de clutter, clean and organise things to make it easier for them. Ensure anything that isn’t to be packed is clearly labelled or in a separate room. They are like locusts when they get going, they even packed my slippers whilst I was out buying milk for more brews!