Electrician on 1 years working holiday visa.......

Guest bigface

Guest bigface

Hi,

i was wondering if anyone could advise me.I'm a registered JIB Approved electrician from N.Ireland and moving to Melbourne March '07 for a year.

Does anyone know if i have to register with the TRA or get a license to work for this year??Can anyone advise?

Much appreciated,

Pete.

You will need to get a license to work as an electrician.

If you're only here for a year you might prefer to work as a sparkies offsider - basically an assistant to a licensed electrician working under his direct supervision.

Guest bigface
You will need to get a license to work as an electrician.

Defo want to work as a spark, how do i obtain a license?Is there a proceedure i should follow?

Thanks.

Pete.

Hi mate, iv just joined this site myself. Im off to cairns in june with me other half. Shes got sponsership as a nurse. Iv been doing a lot of research and it aint as simple as just go over there and get work.

You have to get your qualifications reconized out there by filling in a ARTC application which is $300 then apply for a licence and maybe go to college if your not up to scratch! Im trying to get as much done over here before we go. It can all take up to 6 months before you can work as a spark.

Its a bloomin nightmere!

Stu

• 2 months later...

Archived