Sunscreen lotions bring it or not from UK ??

Nandini Millar

Hello all, I have been confused about what to do about sunscreen lotions !!!! What do you all suggest should I try and shipped them from here or should I just leave them? I am a bit particular about what sunscreens I used as I have few favourites here. Or am I being silly and picky? Thank you all x

If you have particular onesyou like bring them. I only use Piz Buin as others seem to give me a sort of prickly heat rash! You can’t buy that in Australia so I got people to send some. Just be aware you need a decent spf. SPF30 should do it. Any higher just tends to increase the chemicals rather than the protection, or that certainly was the case.

• Like 1

If you have particular onesyou like bring them. I only use Piz Buin as others seem to give me a sort of prickly heat rash! You can’t buy that in Australia so I got people to send some. Just be aware you need a decent spf. SPF30 should do it. Any higher just tends to increase the chemicals rather than the protection, or that certainly was the case.
Thank you. Will bring them with me then. Sometimes the unbranded ones seems to work better and some of my other favourites. I tend to look for spf50 but good to know spf30 is the better one. Thanks again x

8 minutes ago, Nandini Millar said:
19 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

Thank you. Will bring them with me then. Sometimes the unbranded ones seems to work better and some of my other favourites. I tend to look for spf50 but good to know spf30 is the better one. Thanks again x

If you use spf 50 without issue carry on. My information might be out of date! I don’t want you getting burnt! 😳

• Like 1

Bring the ones you like but bear in mind that EU and AS/NZ standards for testing sunscreens are different - so an EU SPF 30 may not be equivalent to an AS/NZ SPF 30.  The Australian standard requires the sunscreen to survive a certain time in swirling water  which the EU does not.  So use yours by all means but apply them more frequently when swimming.

• Like 2

Bring the ones you like but bear in mind that EU and AS/NZ standards for testing sunscreens are different - so an EU SPF 30 may not be equivalent to an AS/NZ SPF 30.  The Australian standard requires the sunscreen to survive a certain time in swirling water  which the EU does not.  So use yours by all means but apply them more frequently when swimming.
Will do thank you [emoji4]