You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Gwatson

Multiple EOIs

I am a registered nurse nec. I lodged an EOI for visa 190 to NSW with 65+5 points but heard nothing for months. If you lodge more than one EOI for state sponsorship, does it decrease your chance of an invite? I was told states wont send you an invite if you don't apply solely and directly to work in their state alone. Is this true? I have no way of increasing my pointsso Im desperately trying to find a way around it before I lose all hope! Help!

A few people have created a second EOI and have been successful. You will just have to prove your loyalty to the state that chooses to sponsor you.  I started out with NSW and didn't get anywhere, so I decided to change completely and go for South Australia. Someone else on here went with Victoria and was successful. We were both RN's with 65+5.

29/12/17 AHPRA logged,  31/01/2018 AHPRA asked for more docs,  20/02/2018 AHPRA rec'd docs, 27/02/2018 AHPRA extension app'd, 12/03/2018 Reg in principle, 29/03/2018 AHPRA Full Registration, 29/03/2018 Anmac Modified Skills lodged,   15/05/2018 ANMAC Mod skills Assessment +ve,  Aug. 2018 PTE-A (L:85 R:90 S:90 W:90),  South Australia State 190 Sponsorship Applied 08/09/2018, State Sponsorship Approved 08/11/2018, Lodged 190 visa 16/11/2018.  CO Contact for form 47a for migrating adult child, and non-migrating non-dependent adult children  9th April, 2019.    Grant 4th June 2019!!!!

7 hours ago, Gwatson said:

I am a registered nurse nec. I lodged an EOI for visa 190 to NSW with 65+5 points but heard nothing for months. If you lodge more than one EOI for state sponsorship, does it decrease your chance of an invite? I was told states wont send you an invite if you don't apply solely and directly to work in their state alone. Is this true? I have no way of increasing my pointsso Im desperately trying to find a way around it before I lose all hope! Help!

Hey, that why lodging a new EOI is a good idea. States can see if you have lodged multiple EOIs, But they they won't like when someone select"any" in their preference.

Occupation - Chef,  State - NSW, Points - 65 ( Age - 30, Edu - 15, Aus Edu - 5, English - 10, State - 5 )

VetAssess Applied - 10/06/18, Positive Skill Assessment -  15/10/18 EOI NSW  190 - 23/10/18, Invitation -  15/11/18, Nomination Applied - 19/11/18,   Nomination Approved- 20/11/18, Visa Lodged - 27/11/18, Health exam - 19/12/18, Grant - 21/05/19

17 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

A few people have created a second EOI and have been successful. You will just have to prove your loyalty to the state that chooses to sponsor you.  I started out with NSW and didn't get anywhere, so I decided to change completely and go for South Australia. Someone else on here went with Victoria and was successful. We were both RN's with 65+5.

Thanks Jenki75. Am I right in saying you must apply to AHPRA prior to lodging a EOI for Victoria? That would mean travelling to Australia within 3 months to finalise the registration process before startinb the visa process? I see thatd what you've done?

South Australia was our first option but then my occupation was moved to special conditions and we had to start again with NSW

Yes, that is what I did.

I can see on the Victoria list of skilled occupations for nomination, it says you need registration or reg in principle, which means AHPRA first.

South Australia currently has special conditions, but when they reset in June/July this last time, those conditions went away for a few months at least.

29/12/17 AHPRA logged,  31/01/2018 AHPRA asked for more docs,  20/02/2018 AHPRA rec'd docs, 27/02/2018 AHPRA extension app'd, 12/03/2018 Reg in principle, 29/03/2018 AHPRA Full Registration, 29/03/2018 Anmac Modified Skills lodged,   15/05/2018 ANMAC Mod skills Assessment +ve,  Aug. 2018 PTE-A (L:85 R:90 S:90 W:90),  South Australia State 190 Sponsorship Applied 08/09/2018, State Sponsorship Approved 08/11/2018, Lodged 190 visa 16/11/2018.  CO Contact for form 47a for migrating adult child, and non-migrating non-dependent adult children  9th April, 2019.    Grant 4th June 2019!!!!

11 minutes ago, Jenki75 said:

Yes, that is what I did.

I can see on the Victoria list of skilled occupations for nomination, it says you need registration or reg in principle, which means AHPRA first.

South Australia currently has special conditions, but when they reset in June/July this last time, those conditions went away for a few months at 

I'm currently working in the Caribbean so making that extra journey that just wouldn't been a valid logistical or financial option for me. I'll give it a few more months then may be draw a line under it. Maybe it's just not meant to be! Thanks again for your help