Immi account with MA for 186 visa urgent question

Sere

Hello

i applied for my 186 visa with an immigration agent.

now I discovered that I can see the status of my visa with an immi account 

I opened one and I imported my application 

I will not touch my application I just want to check the status and nothing else

can this create some problem with my application or my immigration agent?i didn’t notify him,do you think he will receive some notifications about the fact that I opened an immi account to check my visa?

i am scared that I made a mistake opening an immi account and could affect my visa process or something else 

Thanks 

16 hours ago, Sere said:

Hello

i applied for my 186 visa with an immigration agent.

now I discovered that I can see the status of my visa with an immi account 

I opened one and I imported my application 

I will not touch my application I just want to check the status and nothing else

can this create some problem with my application or my immigration agent?i didn’t notify him,do you think he will receive some notifications about the fact that I opened an immi account to check my visa?

i am scared that I made a mistake opening an immi account and could affect my visa process or something else 

Thanks 

It appears that you do not have much trust in your Agent.

Accessing your ImmiAccount will not give you any updates on your application as it simply shows the status as lodged, it does not give any real time updates. This will not change once a case officer has the file, as there is no update unless the application is approved or further documents are requested. Such notifications are sent directly to your Authorised contact.

The fact that you have access to the account has compromised the integrity of the application as you can now make changes, attach documents, etc, without your Agent's knowledge. As such your Agent no longer has full control of your application.

In my opinion, from a trust perspective, it would be wise to tell your Agent that you are now accessing the application.