189 Visa

Joané

I wonder if anyone can help me answer my question which I can’t find any answers to online. I am currently in Australia on a 457 visa and have submitted my skills assesssment to apply for the 189 skilled migration visa. I was wondering whether you get granted a bridging visa while you are in the waiting period for the visa application to be processed or whether I have to remain on my 457 visa until I receive the invitation from Home Affairs to apply for the 189 visa? 

Thanks so much, 

Joané

• 1 month later...

Hi Joane,

Your bridging visa will become active only once you applied for the 189 visa application and your current 457 visa will expire and a decision will be made in regards to the 189 application..

I am sure you are aware that you need to apply for the 189 visa (after receiving an invitation to apply) before your current 457 will expire or any other substantive visa that you would hold while receiving the invitation to apply for the 189 visa.

Good luck,

Moran Shultz

Migration Agent

MARN 1795282