Nurse Registration

KSH81

I feel like I’m in a catch 22 situation. I want to Apply for jobs as a nurse, however they all say need AHPRA registration, however I can’t get registered till I have an offer of a visa.  Can someone explain to me how I get around this. 

Thanks in Advance

Not sure of your exact situation, but I got AHPRA registration before a visa or job offer. A lot of people do, to ensure that their qualifications will be accepted, and they can get full registration before embarking on the more costly and time consuming process of getting an EOI picked up and applying for / paying for a visa.

I would read through the requirements to get AHPRA registration, or if it is too complex a case, seek advice or pay for consultations with a registered migration agent.

There are quite a few who regularly post on these forums.

Nope. You can apply from you home country. I live in Canada and I applied from here. Once approved in principle you will have to show up and present in person. That's when you need the address in Australia but most of us in the past used the hotel or Airbnb address to satisfy Ahpra. 

I have just received my registration in principle from Ahpra, I started my application before even submitting our EOI for the visa 189, I lodged it October 29th and it’s taken until the 22nd feb! So be mindful it takes a while and then you get just 90days to present in person in Australia to finalise it all. You have to show visa but they accept tourist, and Aussie address but a temporary address is fine too . Also need statutory declarations signed in aus to state you’re still of good character and criminal history as the police checks required will expire x

Good luck  

On 27/02/2019 at 21:18, KSH81 said:

I feel like I’m in a catch 22 situation. I want to Apply for jobs as a nurse, however they all say need AHPRA registration, however I can’t get registered till I have an offer of a visa.  Can someone explain to me how I get around this. 

Thanks in Advance

Hi there, 

No one in Australia will offer you an RN job without AHPRA registration. The process is quite lengthy and they can be pain in the a** so I would start working on the registration asap.