Payslips as evidence - VETASSESS

KittyGibbo

Hi lovely people,

I was wondering if anyone has come across this issue before. I had a job in Sydney for an international event company but I obtained it through a recruitment company and everything therefore had their name on - payslips, contract - not the international event company.

I had to complete an Australian criminal consent form as part of the process. 

My question is - I have asked the event company to write me a letter of statement of employment for me to submit to VETASSESS as part of my skills qualification but do I also need to get the recruitment company to confirm I worked there as well?  It was a 6 month role so I want to include it...

Thanks all for any help!

Kitty 

1 hour ago, KittyGibbo said:

Hi lovely people,

I was wondering if anyone has come across this issue before. I had a job in Sydney for an international event company but I obtained it through a recruitment company and everything therefore had their name on - payslips, contract - not the international event company.

I had to complete an Australian criminal consent form as part of the process. 

My question is - I have asked the event company to write me a letter of statement of employment for me to submit to VETASSESS as part of my skills qualification but do I also need to get the recruitment company to confirm I worked there as well?  It was a 6 month role so I want to include it...

Thanks all for any help!

Kitty 

Hi there, I've had a similar scenario where I worked for a teaching agency and had a 4 month placement at a particular school. In my Visa app I mentioned the agency as they were the ones I had the contract with and the ones paying me - I haven't had any contact from CO yet so cant comment whether this is right or wrong but to me it seemed the correct decision 💁‍♂️

Good luck 🤞

48 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Hi there, I've had a similar scenario where I worked for a teaching agency and had a 4 month placement at a particular school. In my Visa app I mentioned the agency as they were the ones I had the contract with and the ones paying me - I haven't had any contact from CO yet so cant comment whether this is right or wrong but to me it seemed the correct decision 💁‍♂️

Good luck 🤞

That is great thank you so much! Makes sense! Fingers crossed for you too!! Just want to make sure I have everything in order. 

On a separate note - is it true that they take off years of your experience if you haven't got a relevant qualification? I have a BSc Hons degree but not in my occupation but 3 - now into my 4th years of experience?

13 minutes ago, KittyGibbo said:

That is great thank you so much! Makes sense! Fingers crossed for you too!! Just want to make sure I have everything in order. 

On a separate note - is it true that they take off years of your experience if you haven't got a relevant qualification? I have a BSc Hons degree but not in my occupation but 3 - now into my 4th years of experience?

Hey, Burnsie is absolutely right. Some of my work experience was through agency, so i put their details as they are the one paying my wages and super etc. As for your other question, for general occupation Vetassess tend to deduct some of your experience. On your skill assessment they will clearly state at what date they deemed you qualified, you can then claim points from only that date onwards. Hope this help, good luck