Employment length

OffToOz

Hi all

I am in the process of applying for a 489 for SA, I have been in my current role for 5 years 6 months. I have been employed for the last 15+ years for 3 different companies. I got my mba 7 years ago and my bsc 15 years ago. 

When I apply to Vetassess and then for the visa will they just contact my current employer (a potential issue but can deal with that when it happens), I only need the points for 5 years or will they still contact my previous employers aswell? It’s not a huge issue just trying to perpare documents for what they might check.  I have my contract with the start date, recent pay slips, bank statements etc. The only thing I don’t have is pay slips from when I started. 

I also read that vetassess can take a year off your employment? Is this true? As then I would not have enough points. 

For references is my current employer reference letter enough or do they also want previous employment? Even tho I won’t be claiming points for those years.

40 minutes ago, OffToOz said:

Hi all

I am in the process of applying for a 489 for SA, I have been in my current role for 5 years 6 months. I have been employed for the last 15+ years for 3 different companies. I got my mba 7 years ago and my bsc 15 years ago. 

When I apply to Vetassess and then for the visa will they just contact my current employer (a potential issue but can deal with that when it happens), I only need the points for 5 years or will they still contact my previous employers aswell? It’s not a huge issue just trying to perpare documents for what they might check.  I have my contract with the start date, recent pay slips, bank statements etc. The only thing I don’t have is pay slips from when I started. 

I also read that vetassess can take a year off your employment? Is this true? As then I would not have enough points. 

For references is my current employer reference letter enough or do they also want previous employment? Even tho I won’t be claiming points for those years.

I only know they will need all the employer reference letters that you have submitted for the assessment.  

Hi, I was also assessed by Vetassess so some experience, hope it helps n good luck!

- They will deduct minimum 1 year for calculating employment. At least true for some of my friends and myself.

- Reference letter is a must. Then additionally I only submit supperanuation for 1 employer and bank statement for another employer. No contract.

- If you want to have 5+, either you include previous employment, or you wait until current employment reach 6y to submit EOI (you can still do assessment now to save time, no need to wait for the next 6 months bcoz if you continue the current employment, it's still counting)

- In case of contacting employer, they will only do for the one(s) that you include in your application. If you dont incl previous employment, you dont need to submit anything related to that period. For my friend and I there was no employer contact. I did the fastrack and the result came after 4 days.

- You can have all info about what to submit and how they do by visiting their website, in particular this formSRG1%20Application.pdf?v=23082018

Edited by lamngoc

I just found the Vetassess guidance and I would lose a year. My last job is not that relevant but my previous job was. That’s going back almost 10 years. I have a bsc that should qualify for my role so in theory if I get a reference from that job I can use a years experience from there as my qualifying time then still get the points for 5 years in my current role.